Saturday, July 22, 2017

2017 Learn To Weave

Tracy's loom with the weaving in progress.
 
Can you actually learn to weave with a four day class from the Reno Fiber Guild?  Well, we think you can.  We have an intrepid group of volunteer teachers who have worked hard to put together a comprehensive class directed at students who want to learn to weave.  This year's class had six students, each with their own mentor.  Before the class started, each student was able to pick three yarn colors they liked that would go along with the natural colored warp for their beginning projects.

Student, Tracy Doren, said this about the class:

I have wanted to learn to weave since I was a teenager.  Finally at 53 I've taken the Learn to Weave class and absolutely love it.  Everything about it intimidated me but as I went a long with each step all that went away and now I have so many ideas for projects and am really excited to move forward.  All of the mentors were so great and patient with us all. The only downside is that I didn't learn this earlier.  I'm so pleased with what I did in the class.  

Here are more samplers and towels woven by the students this year.  Hip, hip hooray for the bunch of them.  The teachers and mentors are almost as happy as the students to have had such a great bunch to work with. 



If you are interested in the Learn To Weave Class for 2018 - check out our informational page.

Tracy's towels


Melissa's towels and sampler


No comments:

Post a Comment